Fujifilm established in 1934 has believed in Innovation and the creation of new values through leading edge and proprietary technologies. Fujifilm, as a firm believer in innovation, continues to work hard to provide consumers with the best products and services.
Beginning as Japan’s pioneering photographic film maker, Fujifilm has leveraged its imaging and information technology to become a global presence known for innovation in healthcare, graphic arts, optical devices, highly functional materials and other high-tech areas. Fujifilm is continuously working towards early detection of disease and generating awareness among the general public by conducting awareness programs, for promoting TB and Cancer screening.
Fujifilm India, a leader in photographic technological innovations, has announced the launch of its new mirrorless digital camera – Fujifilm X-T30 II in India. The X-T30 II is the latest addition to the X Series of mirrorless digital cameras by Fujifilm known for their compact and lightweight bodies.
The X-T30 II carries the same software as its predecessor X-T30 and delivers an advanced level of AF speed, precision and image quality. The X-T30 II has also evolved in terms of hardware, with its use of a high-resolution 1.62-million-dot LCD monitor on the rear panel. The camera enables the shooting of high-quality stills as well as full-scale 4K/30p video.
Commenting on the product portfolio expansion, Mr. Koji Wada, Managing Director, Fujifilm India said, “At Fujifilm, it is our mission to continue innovating in the field of imaging. With the entry of the globally launched X-T30 II, we are aiming to revolutionise the world of photography and offer smart solutions capable of heavy duty performance. The launch is a testament to our commitment of evolving with ever-changing possibilities of innovation in the world of photography.”
Speaking about the new camera, Mr. Arun Babu, General Manager, Imaging Devices and Optical Division, Fujifilm India said, “Fujifilm remains at the helm of technological development and evolution with regards to digital imaging. With the new X-T30 II, we have yet again brought industry changing equipment in the form of a compact and lightweight camera. The X-T30 II is a powerhouse designed to provide the best images possible with minimal effort. It takes the software setting from its predecessor and marries it with advanced hardware capabilities to deliver across use cases. The camera is inspired and dedicated to the photographers and for fuelling their passion.”
The X-T30 II is a mirrorless digital camera that features a 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4” *1 sensor and a high-speed “X-Processor 4” image-processing engine in a compact and lightweight body that weighs approximately 378g*2 to produce premium-quality images. The camera offers a fast and accurate AF system with a focusing speed as fast as 0.02 seconds and exceptional ability to track a moving subject.
Launched with two body kit options, the Fujifilm X-T30 II is priced at ₹88,999 (for body only), ₹124,999 (for 18-55mm Body kit) & ₹99,999 (15-45mm Body Kit). The camera will be available in two colours: black and silver. While the customers can buy the X-T30 II body and the 18-55 Kit currently, the 15-45 Kit will be available on sale from April 2022. The camera will also have a 16GB SD Card along with it.
(1) Fast and highly accurate AF that attains focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds to capture a decisive photo opportunity
- The X-T30 II is equipped with the 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4” sensor and the high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4” to enable fast and accurate AF of up to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the AF speed of the X Series’ flagship model “X-T4.” Phase detection pixels are placed across the sensor surface (approx. 100% coverage) to attain focus accurately even on a subject away from the centre of the frame, ensuring to capture a decisive photo opportunity.
- The AF system uses the latest algorithm to achieve improved AF ability for tracking a moving subject compared to the previous model. It can precisely track a subject that is moving toward and even moving away from the camera. Its Face/Eye AF function keeps a subject’s face/eyes in focus even in portrait photography that involves subject movements, making portraiture easy.
- The camera can also autofocus accurately in near darkness conditions at -7.0EV, enabling nightscape photography or indoor photography with low light.
- The camera delivers blackout-free burst shooting at up to 8fps in the mechanical shutter mode and up to 30fps in the electronic shutter mode.
(2) Fujifilm’s unique Film Simulation modes and evolved AUTO function to deliver exceptional image quality
- The X-T30 II comes with a total of 18 Film Simulation modes including “Classic Neg,” based on colour negative films typically used in snapshots, and “ETERNA Bleach Bypass,” which faithfully simulates the film processing technique of bleach bypass. The expanded lineup allows users to enjoy a diverse range of colour reproduction styles as if choosing a different photo film that suits each situation.
- The algorithm has been updated for “AUTO” mode, which determines the type of a shooting scene based on information such as the presence of persons, colours and brightness and automatically adjusts shooting settings accordingly, and the “SP (Scene Position)” mode, which allows users to choose shooting settings based on the type of a scene. The Color Chrome Effect (blue), Clarity, D Range and other settings can be automatically adjusted to make it easy to produce clear and vivid landscape photographs or portraiture that makes the main subject stand out. Even in backlit situations, the camera can deliver premium-quality images with the minimal highlight and shadow-clippings.
(3) Extensive video-recording functions
- The X-T30 II uses the amount of data equivalent to 6K to generate a 4K video to assure high resolution with minimal noise. The camera can output 4K/30P video at 8 bit 4:2:0 onto an SD card, and 4K/30P video at 10 bit 4:2:2 to HDMI.
- Furthermore, it now supports full-HD 240P high-speed video, capable of replaying a momentary action of a fast-moving subject in slow motion in up to 10x.
(4) Excellent operability for comfortable shooting
- The camera features the Shutter Speed Dial on the top panel to enable fully manual shooting. The dial allows users to check a current setting visually, so that they can prepare for the next shots even while the camera is turned off. The Auto Mode Selector lever is also provided for quick activation of the AUTO mode for added operability.
- On the rear panel is a high-resolution 1.62-million-dot tilting 3-inch touchscreen monitor, which provides clear live-view images for checking a photo subject, making it easier than ever to shoot stills and videos.